Digital Learning Program
2017 is the first year of the new Digital Learning Program at Seaford Secondary College. The program is based on the expectation that all students bring a digital device for learning every day to enhance their learning.
Over 85% of our students are currently bringing a device to school, which allows them to develop the essential digital and 21st Century skills required for their preferred futures. We believe that by achieving a 1:1 ratio of students per device that all students can receive benefits to their learning, including:
· Increased digital literacy capability
· Preparation for the globalised world and future employment opportunities
· Improved ability to retain information and connect concepts
· Self-efficacy in learning
· Increased motivation and interest in learning
· Access to innovative teaching practice and project based learning
· Improved communication and collaboration
· Faster feedback on learning progress
We would like to thank all families for their commitment to this program in 2017. Information will be sent home to families of year 7-10 students who are currently unable to participate in the 1:1 program to look at how we can support. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the program, please contact Ben Hardy at the school on 8327 5200.
Please note: The online parent purchasing portal is current offline due to the devices offered being out of stock. We recommend families to purchase devices through stores or online.
We do not recommend tablet devices. Minimum recommended devices requirements for the device:
· 8 hour battery life to last the school day
· 10 inch screen
· keyboard & trackpad highly recommended
· minimum of 128 gigabyte of Hard Drive space
· minimum 4 giabyte RAM (8 gigabyte recommended)
Head of Technology & Boon Boona House