The Seaford Secondary College Governing Council meets twice per term on Monday’s at 6.30pm.
The Seaford Secondary College Governing Council comprises 19 councillors, including:
- 1 Principal
- 10 elected parents of the school
- 2 staff of the school
- 2 students of the school
- 3 community members
- 1 Pastoral Care Worker
Role of Council:
To involve the school community in the governance of the school by:
- providing a focus and a forum for the involvement of parents and the school community
- ascertaining the educational needs of the local community and the attitude of the local community to educational developments with the school; and
- ensuring that the cultural and social diversity of the community is considered and particular needs are appropriately identified.
- To set the broad direction and vision of the school
Strategic planning for the school including:
- Determine policies for the school including policies for the safety, welfare and management of students.
- Determine the application of the total financial resources available to the school including the regular review of the budget.
- Developing, monitoring and reviewing the objectives and targets of the strategic plan; and
- Considering, approving and monitoring human resource and asset management plans
- Monitor and review the Services Agreement.
- Report to the school community on:
- the Site Improvement Plan
- the finances of the school
- operational plans and the council’s operations
If you have any enquiries or requests for information please contact the school on 8327 5200 or email email@example.com
Current Publications & Policies
20-Year Vision for the Seaford District Centre
Our student leaders have had the opportunity to participate in an initial consultation and discussion with key council staff regarding the 20-year vision for the Seaford District Centre. The students are excited about the fact that their ideas for the future of Seaford may contribute to the planning. A sense of connection of our school with our community is really important and the opportunity to not only be part of the visioning and consultation process, but to be part of the creation is very exciting.
We are looking forward to the possibility to include classes to take responsibility for maintaining areas, planting and caring for flora, and involved in construction.